Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MENTORS + BIRD SKULL CLUTCH SNEAK PEEK!

Bird Skull Clutch - COVEN by Sonia Kang


 I have had a crazy few days with little sleep and attempting to do as much as I can with the time I putt around being insane - creatively insane that is. People always ask me how I do what I do. I just don’t sleep that much and it has really destroyed pieces of me. Hahaha. I can’t stay on a consistent sleep schedule. Even sleeping early is hard because my body now runs on 5 hour sleep and 1-2 hour power naps.

The great news is that this Passion for Fashion program I completed has this great little middle? Aside from the cash prize competition the best part I think is the MENTORS. I now have FASHION INDUSTRY MENTORS. You have no idea how excited I am over this and I have Mentors who have experience in adding environmental value and charitable causes to their businesses. Something, I strive for. This is so great! I met most of them yesterday and I was so impressed by all these people who are just willing to help budding entrepreneurs like myself. The Fashion Tribe was there too! What a great thing.

I would like to personally thank, Gail McInnes, our lovely coordinator of PFF for doing this. Without her, this program would not exist and I wouldn’t have ever found the niche I belong in. I met lovely Mentors and had great insight into the industry. THANK YOU, GAIL! :)

For the Mentor Meet and Greet I made a leather envelope clutch for myself last minute. There’s the sneak peek before I take better photographs of it. :) Yes, it’s an epic bird skull clutch - I already have 4 commissions for it since debuting it. However, it’ll be at least 2 months of testing, wear-and tear, durability, and refinement BEFORE I feel comfortable to sell it. I have insanely high standards and I want to know how I can make my product the best it can be before I sell it. It makes new designs for me slower to get to the market but it also gives me a chance to perfect it.

This will be sold under COVEN by Sonia Kang. I’m hoping the upcoming editorial that will feature a few of my pieces chooses this clutch. It’s too epic to not go into a magazine. :)


5 comments:

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

that clutch is way rad. x


p.s. I'm having a giveaway from LOVE if you'd like to check it out. :)
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Vita said...

The clutch is really a statement piece, I love how simple and clean it looks, yet there's still the little positively "odd" twist to set it apart from an average clutch. I fear leather, so I always admire leather pieces especially, and this is really pretty, especially for a last minute piece.
It's also great you're so responsible and won't sell something unless you feel 100% confident about it. Can't wait for the editorial!

sculpturemoulds said...

Sonia,your blog looks great.
The skull with the clutch works beautifully.

rikit said...

it's easy to see the integrity which you dedicate to your work which will last in long run as opposed to just making a quick buck now

Sonia Kang said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!