Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sleepless Nights of Preparation and New Handmade Items


Here's what stock preparations look like for my upcoming meeting with a local boutique tomorrow afternoon. :) Looks orderly doesn't it? It was tedious to label and organize but well worth it. :)

So far, it's been a busy few weeks. I've been soliciting local boutiques in an attempt to push my product locally. I managed to get my Mom's crochet goods into Propaganda - but, that backfired a little due to miscommunication. I'm a little saddened by this setback but I learned a lot from it while talking to those closest to me. I now know how to better handle myself in these situations of business. It's my first consignment so I won't beat myself up over it. I have a large line up - I am highly adaptable, skilled, and my tastes are so varied with many different influences. Good for me, that clientele can be just as diverse as my tastes. :)

Since my last post I have accomplished quite a lot. Ransack the Universe now carries some of my wooden pins, crochet cellphone and bag charms, and wooden necklaces.

If you are local or visiting Toronto I would highly recommend their really nifty and kitchy store at:

Ransack the Universe
1207 Bloor Street West (Lower Level)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

At the same time I am also in contact with the following boutiques, stores, and collectives:

- Nathalie-Roze & Co.
- Tomorrow Never Knows
- Freedom Clothing Collective
- The Drake General Store

I will be updating ETSY after I sort the stock relocation out. I have two applications to do for collectives, a art gallery proposal to submit, and a likely craft event to prepare for... I also have an interview for Apple this Friday. And, I also signed my lease over the weekend for my new place - I'll be living near Liberty Village and right by Queen West by June. :)

Below are new products by my Mom and I. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! The gorgeous mushrooms!!! >3<

Johanka said...

Those mushrooms are really cute! <3

Sonia Kang said...

@Kairii Chan and Johanka Thanks, guys. My mom makes them and they always make me happy when I look at them.