Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busy Busy! New jewelry: Mori Girl Pendant Necklaces and Bird Skull Jewelry


I have been immensely busy. A large quantity of my older Ofelia Ljuv Collection (the Mori Girl line) under Quaintrella is now available at Nathalie-Roze & Co.  boutique in Toronto's Leslieville. It was an exciting experience and Nathalie is really awesome and I found her to be one of the most wonderful boutique shopkeepers I have ever met since starting this whole consignment business after leaving my business partner. She gave me so much advice and support. I will be eternally grateful for that openness and inspirational stuff she told me. :) I wish there were more people like her - or at least I started out with her as my first consignment shop (though, technically - I did wholesale with her). And, I just found out I have known of her back in my high school days through her Frugal Fashionista columns in the newspapers. Small world. 

I have been contacted by another boutique. The funny thing is I actually talked to the boutique owner a few weeks back about my taxidermy jewelry and then she randomly found me on Etsy and was interested in my Mori Girl items. Since, I sold a significant quantity to Nathalie I began working on more. It was sweatshop-mode...I was able to make 9 pieces in one day. See below. That is the greatest input I have done in a day for these things. Usually I average around 3 a day if I can put my mind to it. But, seeing that people like my stuff and continuously tell me they have never seen anything like it - I feel pumped!

See my most recent work below. I began making bird skull rings. I personally HATE costume jewelry ring bases so I will only make them with sterling silver or gold. It ups the price by a lot but at the same time you will never have a green finger. :) I also ordered my brand label tags and more vintage doilies. I just need my business cards and then I should be good. :)

Tell me your thoughts and which pendant necklace is your favourite! I would't mind feedback.


9 Mori Girl Pendant Necklace pieces done in one day.
Began sterling silver base bird skull rings.

This is a necklace I will be selling to a boutique - TNK Vintage on Saturday.

1 comment:

wholesale leggings said...

Thank you for the fantastic article. The place else
could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means
of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at
the search for such information.