Thursday, August 27, 2009

Money makes the World turn and my Wallet burn...

Lately, I have been putting off the purchase of my serger for what some may call sentimental reasons. Simply, by blowing that much money even with the aid of my significant other I will be reducing the chances of using my money on things I don't have to make. Sad. Very sad.

I've come to realization that my almost local mall - not the strip mall a little ways from my house - is simply the best place at the moment to shop. Usually, I dislike shopping in malls but nowadays I find myself shopping in the mornings to early
afternoon hour where the crowds aren't so thick with humanity. I get overwhelmed, even at work with all the emotions, noise, sme
ll, body heat, and physical presence generated from a crowd. It's not I am sensitive or very claustrophobic but I do get a sense of being trapped and get headaches from it.

But shopping is especially fun alone. The significant other is unable to take my usual shopping behaviour which entails entering a store for a few seconds, running a quick scan with my eye lasers, and then exiting to do the same to the store next door. I weird habit, but boys are so intolerable sometimes of shopping and I expect this sort of behaviour to be quick and painless for him. But apparently, it makes me seem weird in public.


Shopping alone may entail a lot more freedom to do thorough search through most retail stores but it also means there's no one to tell you NOT TO BUY THAT item. I ended up buying a $129 wool coat from H&M (after consultation from my mom that we'd be able to replicate the pattern within a month then return it) and an elegant date dress from Forever21.



Also, since I am moving into a condo soon with my parents I've decided to utilize as much space as possible buy considering the purchase of a loft bed from IKEA. It's not my usual style but I don't mind if it gives me a LOT of space for all the things I will be taking with me.

That being said, my materialistic adventures with my friend, D. have brought both of us at the foot of one of the hottest Asian fashion trends out there. Circle Lenses. Believe it or not, despite being Asian in appearance, deep inside I think I would closely associate myself to being a White girl. I had absolutely NO CLUE that Asian models and actresses...etc. usually weren't naturally pretty.

It was only recently after some vague research that almost everything was faked:

- No girl can really have smooth hair without a single flyaway = aid of a hair straightener.
- No girl can have such big eyes = aid of circle lenses.
- No girl can have such a nose = aid of plastic surgery.
- Not all girls can have double eyelids = aid of double eyelid surgery.
- No girl can have such impeccable skin = aid of 4 layers of make-up + photoshop.
- No girl can have natural nails that can hold charms = aid of false nails + glue.
- No girl has eyelashes that perfect = aid of eyelash extensions + fake lashes.

It almost makes me believe that this natural beauty thing that magazines dole out is simply a freaking lie. My life is a bit of a lie because of all this. But, even so, I ended up buying some Geo Nudy Brown circle lenses and gosh, they make me look so pretty. :) Pictures will be up soon of this.

Love,
Oni




No comments: